Interested? Contact Michael Stanczak for more information : MStanczak@meyerdesigninc.com
Architectural Project Manager
Meyer is looking for an Architectural Project Manager responsible for leading, managing and overseeing Commercial and Life Science architectural projects on a day-to-day basis from the schematic design/conception phase through to design development, construction drawings, and construction administration phases. You will be tasked with ensuring each project’s completion is on-time, on budget, and meets Meyer’s quality standards in addition to satisfying client objectives. The candidate will be expected to perform these functions in various capacities across multiple architectural projects at any one time.
Skills & Requirements
- 8-10 years of experience managing a team of designers.
- Superb client and presentation skills.
- Experience with Revit.
- Extensive detailing knowledge.
- Multiple sector project experience is valuable (specifically life science and warehouse / industrial project experience).
- Project Management software familiarity a benefit
Meyer is looking for a Senior Architect in our Commercial and Life Science sectors to produce high quality project design deliverables and construction documents. As a Senior Architect you may work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction Administration. Design conceptualization, code analysis, detailing, specifications and building systems coordination are primary responsibilities. In this role you will report to the Principal and/or Project Manager on tasks and deliverables and work with the project team to ensure the project is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Skills & Requirements
- 6-8+ years of experience.
- Candidate should be a Revit expert.
- Extensive construction documentation experience.
- Conceptual project design skills.
- Consultant coordination experience.
- Registration is a plus.
Meyer is looking for a creative individual to join our Commercial and Life Science teams as an Architectural Designer. Responsibilities include developing drawings, designs, layouts, and research of code and industry regulations.
To be a successful Architectural Designer, you should have excellent technical skills and be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and time management skills, and have the creativity to shape innovative, unique, and functional designs.
Skills & Requirements
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Strong capacity for design and critical thinking.
- Technically savvy and experienced with Revit.
- Candidate should be organized, have good research skills and ability to move forward with limited oversight and direction.
- ARE’s candidates a plus.
Quality Control / Quality Assurance Specialist
This new position at Meyer is charged with oversight of quality assurance and quality control for Meyer’s architectural and interior projects. The primary goal of this highly focused position is to ensure products and deliverables created by Meyer maintains an appropriate standard of care for a professional design firm. Particular attention and guidance will be given to code, departmental regulations, and agency compliance.
Overall, Meyer expects that all employees will:
- Meet the client’s objectives,
- Provide documentation as required for the contractual scope,
- Keep the project on schedule,
- Stay within the scope of the contract (both design and fee),
- Add to Meyer’s culture and studio environment,
- Continue your growth and development as a design professional.
The following is a guideline of minimum responsibilities and tasks and is not all inclusive nor is it intended to limit one’s possibilities for performing duties over and above what is listed below. Occasionally individuals with this title may perform responsibilities and tasks that are also found under other title descriptions.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the company’s deliverables and processes as related to client requirements and expectations.
- Assist in the creation and execution of performance improvement and quality assurance programs throughout the organization.
- Conduct project related code reviews throughout the entire design process.
- Maintain quality control and participate in staff development training efforts.
- Reinforce Meyer BIM and graphic standards through design staff interactions.
- Provide code, specification and drawing support for both interior and architecture design projects.
- Make recommendations on workflow and production processes to increase productivity.
- Coordinate with the BIM/Design Technology Manager and Standards Committee to review, update and expand design and documentation processes.
- Report to the Operations Manager on the current state of QA/QC and recommendations for improvement.
- Investigate and recommend industry events to improve design/industry knowledge and processes.
- Interface with design staff, project managers, clients, and firm management.
- Attend weekly project managers meetings and staff scheduling meetings.
- Guide design staff to research and understand agency reviews required for a project.
- Expertise of building and accessibility codes.
- Good interpersonal skills to facilitate design staff mentorship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of both architectural and interior documentation and detailing.
- Thorough knowledge of the full range of building materials and products.
BIM Manager and Design Technology Manager
Overall, Meyer expects that all employees will work to: meet our client’s objectives, address services as required for the contractual scope(s), assist in tasks that support the efficient and effective operation of the firm, add to Meyer’s culture and studio environment and continue your growth and development as a design professional.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop, organize and maintain REVIT (BIM) templates, standards and libraries
- Lead internal technical group(s) of designers in continued refinement and on-going maintenance of REVIT standards
- Directly engage with design teams that require very high-level technical documentation / complex model creation and design information management
- Work with consultants to roll out new hardware and software updates, troubleshoot problems with user technology and train staff to address operational demands
- In conjunction with VP of Finance / Information Technology, establish and maintain contracts with outside vendors for services and support
(Expanded Design Technology Manager to include BIM Manager responsibilities plus)
- Research and identify emerging technologies and evaluate applicability to design services
- Focus on improving the productivity and efficiency of documentation systems
- Assist staff in performing technical design work properly and effectively to achieve project and organizational objectives
- Support Practice Leads (via technology integration) in the growth and development of the design sectors to align with future business strategies and goals
Performance metrics to be evaluated yearly as part of review process:
- Creation, management and upkeep of all design technologies (50%)
- Research / innovative testing of new and experimental technology (20%)
- Knowledge support and transfer of technical information to the design staff (20%)
- Contribution to Meyer culture, studio environment and external presence (10%)