Corporate Practice Lead
Meyer is excited to expand our Corporate Architecture Team! We are looking for a 15 year experienced, market knowledgeable, professionally active, registered architect to work with the firm’s senior management in leading and growing Meyer’s architectural practice. The candidate must have a wide variety of experience in the corporate, healthcare and bio-science markets. The qualified candidate should also have an established regional network of owner, broker, professional consultant and construction contacts. Client interaction, business development, sales presentation and project management skills are an absolute necessity. External activities must be complemented with strong internal team management and mentoring abilities, solid Revit documentation experience and thorough communication skills. LEED and/or WELL accreditation and working experience a plus. Please direct inquiries to Mike Stanczak at MStanczak@meyerdesigninc.com.
The following information is intended to be a guideline of the minimum responsibilities and tasks that a person with this title should be able to perform, efficiently and effectively, on a regular basis. The list is not all inclusive nor is it intended to limit one’s possibilities for performing duties over and above what is listed below. From time to time due to project workload, project scope, and general business conditions, individuals with this title may be performing responsibilities and tasks that are also found under other title descriptions.
Overall, Meyer expects that all employees will work to: meet the client’s objectives, provide documentation as required for the contractual scope, keep the project on schedule, stay within the scope of the contract (both design and fee), add to Meyer’s culture and studio environment and continue your growth and development as a design professional.
- Exhibit competency and ability to perform all Project Manager Level Responsibilities
- Assist Practice Leaders / Exec Leadership in determining and maintaining sector strategies and goals
- Guide Project Managers in establishing direction and objectives for projects
- Oversee Architectural Proposals, Contracts, and Change Orders (solid background in AIA contracts)
- Participate in contract creation, negotiations and modifications from inception to signed approvals
- Support raising awareness of liability exposure in contracts and construction documents
- Monitor and assist with accounts receivables and collections with finance and accounting team
- Participate in internal project design reviews and charettes
- Manage and direct projects to ensure contract conformity and profit
- Monitor and communicate long-term trends in architecture – internally and externally
- Maintain professional licenses as appropriate
- Provide experience with a variety of design projects across all industries, building types, SF and complexity
- Articulate in all areas of design, construction, structure, detailing, lighting, building utilities and energy systems, codes, site and sustainability
- Project quality control in conjunction with Meyer Architects, Project Team and QAQC personnel
- Review/approve contractors request for payment and change orders
- Review project designs and documents for compliance with codes
- Assist in the preparation of project pricing, schedules and project strategy approach(es) with Clients, Project and Construction Managers.
- Mentor team members’ growth/development (personally and professionally as it relates to business goals for growth and expansion).
- Participate in national and regional industry related events and activities
Sales and Marketing
- Lead and maintain existing accounts through continued contact and business development efforts
- Create material for, lead and participate in sales presentations
- Foster / maintain client relations through external business activities and industry events (phone calls, lunch, dinner, conferences, award ceremonies, industry events, etc.)
Performance metrics to be evaluated yearly as part of review process:
- Sector ‘Health’ by the development, award and overall management of projects and contacts
- External activity (client and industry) and support of the Meyer processes and culture
- Sector and Team Management (development of personnel, profitability efforts, growth)